COVID-19 & Force majeure: A UAE law perspective COVID-19
The Webinar will discuss
- What is force majeure and why is it important?
- What are the consequences of force majeure on affected contracts?
- What are the legal requirements for something to be considered a force majeure event?
- Can the COVID-19 pandemic be considered a force majeure event? Would there be a difference between contracts entered into prior to the pandemic and those entered into now?
- Can force majeure apply to employment or lease contracts?
- What happens if the legal requirements for force majeure are not met, but a party’s compliance with its obligations would lead it to incur tremendous losses?
- Can the parties agree in their contract what constitutes a force majeure event or how these should be treated?
- What steps can a party take to mitigate its legal and contractual risks, both with respect to contracts entered into prior to the pandemic and going forward?
- Ziad Salloum - Partner