Integrated Management System Policy
The strategy of the Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry is committed to delivering cutting-edge services to the business sector in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, adhering to the highest levels of quality and sustainability. This commitment is aimed at bolstering the competitiveness and growth of businesses in the Emirate, as the Chamber places a strong emphasis on staying abreast of the latest management systems and implement an integrated system for occupational quality, environment, safety and health management. Furthermore, it continuously seeks to improve its systems in alignment with the requirements outlined in the international specifications: ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018.
- The commitment of the senior management of the Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry to effectively meet customers’ requirements, exceeding their expectations, and ensuring their satisfaction. This involves the adoption the latest international systems and practices in occupational quality, environment, safety and health management.
- Rigorously controlling, monitoring and reviewing the processes of providing services to customers by the Abu Dhabi Chamber or through its external partners and suppliers, while constantly working to improve them.
- Setting specific goals for the integrated management system designed to meet the requirements of international standards, as well as those articulated by customers, partners, and relevant stakeholders, while monitoring and reviewing them continuously to ensure their application according to the highest levels.
- Providing the necessary qualification and training to employees on an ongoing basis, to enhance the quality of services rendered to both internal and external customers, as well as relevant partners.
- The Chamber is committed to identifying and defining risks and impacts arising from routine and emergency activities, with a focus on occupational safety, health, and environmental aspects, while working to mitigate the risks, providing an environmentally friendly and safe work environment for employees, auditors, and all entities interacting with the Chamber.
- Protecting and preserving the environment while preventing environmental pollution resulting from environmental incidents.
- Implementing controls on materials consumed at the Abu Dhabi Chamber in order to rationalize consumption, while also encouraging recycling and reuse.
- Adherence to applicable laws, legislation, regulations, and environmental, safety, and occupational health requirements is expected from internal and external customers and concerned parties interacting with the Abu Dhabi Chamber.
- Ensuring safe and healthy working conditions to prevent work-related injuries and diseases is a priority in accordance with occupational safety and health standards.
Providing an integrated management system policy for all employees and relevant stakeholders, including visitors, contractors, customers, suppliers, and partners, ensuring its suitability and consistency through continuous administrative reviews, ensuring its application by all the Chamber employees.
Business Continuity Management System Policy
The Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry is committed to ensure the continuity of its businesses and the operation of its pivotal systems in a way that serves the interests of its members and strategic partners in times of emergencies, crises and disasters. Therefore, we are actively implementing a comprehensive a business continuity management and emergency response system that is designed at the highest levels of flexibility across all sectors, departments and operational processes at the Chamber’s tower in Abu Dhabi city and its branches.
The Abu Dhabi Chamber’s implementation of the Business Continuity Management System is driven by the objective of attaining a high level of flexibility in managing crises. This aligns with the requirements of the National Standard for the Business Continuity Management System (AE/SCNS/NCEMA 7000:2021) to actively contribute to the reinforcement of the national stability of the UAE by establishing an administrative framework capable of swift response and recovery during emergencies and crises.
Objectives of the Business Continuity Management System:
- Establishing an effective management system that aligns with the institutional context while ensuring strict adherence to business continuity plans across all sectors and departments.
- Enhancing the system’s communication channels with all stakeholders, supported by key partners, to prepare for, respond to, and recover from emergency situations.
- Furnishing the relevant employees and partners with the necessary information regarding the procedures necessary for identifying anticipated risks that could disrupt business continuity, while equipping them with the necessary knowledge and experience to promptly respond to business continuity challenges and recover from crises.
- Implementing and executing the business continuity strategy, taking into account the anticipated changes in business services and tasks.
- Raising awareness levels on the fundamental functions and delivering requisite training to diverse teams to ensure optimal performing roles and responsibilities during emergency and crisis situations. This includes ensuring compliance with business continuity tasks and responsibilities.
- Ensure that policies and procedures for emergency crisis management and business continuity are followed, tested and reviewed periodically.
- Ensure continuous improvement to the policies and procedures of the business continuity management system, along with a continuous administrative review to measure objectives effectively.
Risk Management System Policy
The Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry embraces a proactive approach to risk management with the aim of fulfilling its objectives address the needs of the concerned stakeholders, and mitigating the potential impacts on its operations and activities. This approach aligns with the Chamber's commitment towards governance and effective management of all external and internal risks, with a particular emphasis on operational processes, as outlined in its three-year strategy.
The Risk Management System Policy focuses on:
- Identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, reviewing, reporting and addressing risks effectively in accordance with ISO 31000:2018 risk management standards and the requisites of the applicable business systems.
- Applying the risk management system and its associated processes to all pertinent operational frameworks of the Abu Dhabi Chamber.
- Establishing a seamless connection and integrating risk management with the Abu Dhabi Chamber’s strategic framework, policies, objectives, systems, operations and performance indicators.
- Anticipating the likelihood of risks, estimating their levels of severity and potential hazards, and implementing the necessary treatment and management plans while allocating the necessary resources for them.
- Raising a culture of risk management and elevating employee awareness in its regard, while defining the associated responsibilities, tasks, and accountability.
- Conducting an annual review of the risk management system policy to ensure its alignment with the objectives and expectations of the senior management and stakeholders.
- Continuously updating the risk management system through periodic review and evaluations, measuring risk levels, and adopting the necessary plans to mitigate or completely avert risks.
Energy Management System Policy
The Abu Dhabi Chamber plays a pivotal role in contributing to the advancement of the business community in Abu Dhabi, aiming to enhance its competitiveness and broaden the spectrum of business opportunities. This aligns with the Chamber’s overarching goal of solidifying Abu Dhabi’s position as the #1 choice in MENA for business and talent by 2025 as outlined in the six pillars underpinning its new three-year strategy 2023-2025.
Dedicated to this cause, the Abu Dhabi Chamber is committed to delivering innovative and sustainable services that foster the growth of businesses in Abu Dhabi. Furthermore, it plans and implements its operations according to a mechanism designed to prioritize the health and safety of employees, customers and visitors, thereby mitigating the negative impact on the environment.
The Abu Dhabi Chamber also aspires to provide quality, secure, safe and environmentally friendly services to its customers across the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, by adopting the highest standards in the effective and economic management of energy resources, developing performance levels in accordance with the ISO 50001:201 standard, and improving the Energy Management System (EnMS) in line with its scope of operations.
The Chamber aims to achieve that by:
- Developing a comprehensive a system, policy and procedures designed to raising the efficiency of energy and water consumption in buildings and affiliated facilities according to the highest standards of quality. This aligns with the Abu Dhabi Strategy for Demand Side Management and Rationalization of Energy Use 2030 as well as the Department of Energy - Abu Dhabi policy.
- Adherence to local and federal laws and legislation pertaining to quality management and sustainable energy practices.
- Adopting the best international practices and standards for both local and international energy management systems in accordance with the ISO 50001:2018 standard.
- Continuous development of services and the introduction of innovative, valuable services for customers.
- Providing the necessary resources and support to implement the necessary improvements, ensuring the achievement of energy management goals through a specialized team in energy management.
- Continuous evaluation of energy performance by measuring, monitoring, estimating and analyzing key data against specific baselines.
- Persistent enhancement of energy performance (i.e. usage and consumption) through the development and reviewal of energy targets and relevant energy performance indicators (EnPI's).
- Supporting the purchase of energy-efficient products and services, with a focus on designing a optimize energy performance.
- Promoting an energy management culture centered around energy management by fostering knowledge and awareness, providing training to all relevant employees, engaging in effective communication with stakeholders.
- Making every effort to comply with applicable legal and other requirements related to energy use, consumption and management.
- Developing standards and exploring best practices in the field of energy management.
- Periodic review and update of the policy as necessary, ensuring its accessibility to employees and stakeholders.